There are 333 fifteen-minute programs. That is about 83 hours of listening.
Text & MP3 Files
Each program usually has one report, an answer to a veiwer's question and a featured musician.
- 2012-02-23 - Building Begins on African-American Museum in Washington
- 2012-02-16 - Looking Back on the Life and Music of Whitney Houston
- 2012-02-09 - Remembering Don Cornelius and His ‘Soul Train’
- 2012-02-03 - Giants, Patriots: Rematch at the Super Bowl
- 2012-01-26 - For Some, Religion Is Part of the College Experience
- 2012-01-20 - Ani DiFranco Is Back With 'Which Side Are You On'
- 2012-01-12 - For Seniors, When Home Becomes a 'Virtual Village'
- 2012-01-05 - Prisons as Art Studios
- 2011-12-29 - Critics' Picks for Best Books and Movies of the Year
- 2011-12-23 - Christmas Mix: What's New in Seasonal Songs
- 2011-12-15 - Critics Picks: The Top Music of 2011
- 2011-12-08 - Hey, Buddy, Wanna Buy a Piece of the Empire State Building?
- 2011-12-01 - Muppets, Penguins and Vampires Take a Big Bite of Movie Sales
- 2011-11-24 - Black Friday, MREs and Rihanna's 'Talk That Talk'
- 2011-11-17 - A Novel Set in Hurricane Katrina Wins National Book Award
- 2011-11-10 - 'J. Edgar': Eastwood, DiCaprio Aim to Capture Life of First FBI Director
- 2011-11-03 - New Galleries for Islamic Art Open in New York
- 2011-10-27 - Oldest US Planetarium Honors Russian Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin
- 2011-10-20 - In Domestic Violence, Children Are Often the Forgotten Victims
- 2011-10-13 - 'Ghost on the Canvas' Final Album for Country Star Glen Campbell
- 2011-10-06 - New York Exhibit Shows Great Artists as Jewelers
- 2011-09-29 - Animal Safety on Movie Sets Still a Concern
- 2011-09-22 - Chicago Architect Jeanne Gang Named MacArthur Fellow for her ‘Striking Structures’
- 2011-09-15 - Disabled Surfers Ride the Waves
- 2011-09-08 'The Art of Fielding': a Novel About Baseball, and Much More
- 2011-09-01 Americans and their Pampered Pets
- 2011-08-25 A Memorial Fit for a King Opens in Washington
- 2011-08-18 Science on View and Behind the Scenes at the Museum of Natural History in Washington
- 2011-08-11 Smithsonian Exhibit Looks Back at Rescue of Chilean Miners
- 2011-08-05 The Jeep - One of the Most Famous Vehicles in the World – is Celebrated at its Birthplace
- 2011-07-28 What Binge Drinking Can Do to a Student's Brain
- 2011-07-21 Chopsticks For China, Made in America
- 2011-07-14 New Music from Beyonce, and an Exhibit on 'Perfect Girls'
- 2011-07-07 The Green Movement at US Universities
- 2011-06-30 Young Navajos Leave Reservation Life Behind to Seek Jobs
- 2011-06-23 Michelle Obama Calls African Youth to Action
- 2011-06-16 Enjoying Outdoor Cooking, Without the Unwanted Visitors
- 2011-06-09 Author Lisa See and the 'Dreams of Joy'
- 2011-06-02 An Art Show in Washington That’s Out of This World
- 2011-05-26 Scholastic Awards Honor Young Artists and Writers
- 2011-05-19 Bicycling Brothers Search America for Community Spirit
- 2011-05-12 Sculptures by Detained Chinese Artist Ai Wei Wei Shown in New York
- 2011-05-05 Tony Nominations Honor Plays about Love Past, Present and Distant
- 2011-04-28 Community Gardens Grow Green Space in New York City
- 2011-04-21 Dolls Made to Look Like the American Melting Pot
- 2011-04-14 Movie, Museum Exhibits Shine New Light on US Civil War
- 2011-04-07 Disaster Gives Real-Life Meaning to Japanese Art Show in New York
- 2011-03-31 Compare This High School Chorus to the Singers on 'Glee'
- 2011-03-25 Remembering Hollywood Legend Elizabeth Taylor
- 2011-03-18 Writer Deborah Eisenberg Wins PEN/Faulkner Fiction Award
- 2011-03-10 British Singer Adele Is Number One in US
- 2011-03-04 100 Years Later, Triangle Factory Fire Still Burns in Memory of New York City
- 2011-02-24 A Newspaper With a Business Model to Help the Homeless
- 2011-02-18 After the Grammys, Some Ask: Who Is Esperanza Spalding?
- 2011-08-25 A Memorial Fit for a King Opens in Washington
- 2011-02-10 Art and History Meet in African-American Exhibit at Museum
- 2011-02-03 'Cheeseheads' Face 'Terrible Towels' in Super Bowl
- 2011-01-06 For Sale: John Lennon’s Car
- 2011-01-20 Virginia Ages Into a Fine Winemaking State
- 2011-01-13 The Art of Wood Turning, and the Music of 'Classic Americana'
- 2011-01-06 The People's Choices? 'Twilight,' Depp, Swift and More
- 2010-12-30 In Case You Missed It: Books, Music of 2010
New Year's in Times Square
Music We Missed
- 2010-12-23 The Sounds of Christmas
We play holiday music released this year.
- 2010-12-16 O. Henry's Surprising Life Before He Was a Famous Writer
The Great Houdini
Big Money Music
- 2010-12-09 Maira Kalman and Her New book, "And the Pursuit of Happiness."
Music Stars Present Grammy Nominations at a Live Concert
- 2010-12-02 The High Museum in Atlanta Revisits the Later Works of Painter Salvador Dali
Bill Graham and the Fillmore Music Halls
- 2010-11-25 Toys That Make Music Are Hot This Year for Christmas Gifts
The History of Mobile Telephones
- 2010-11-18 On Stage: The Great American Novel, All of It, In 'Gatz'
- 2010-11-11 The Cullinan Diamond Necklace
Men on the Money
- 2010-11-04 Online Tools Let Playground Builder KaBOOM! Reach Overseas
- 2010-10-28 Now Showing: a Few Frightening Films for Halloween
- 2010-10-21 The Story of a Life in Writer Margaret Mitchell's Atlanta Home
The Smithsonian Institution
Shakira: "Sale el Sol"
- 2010-10-14 Jimmy Carter's Activism
About the Name of Our Show
- 2010-10-07 The Eubie Blake National Jazz Institute and Cultural Center
- 2010-09-30 23 Win MacArthur 'Genius' Grants
- 2010-09-24 'YouTube Play' Creative Video Competition Gets 23,000 Entries
A Streetcar Named Desire
- 2010-09-16 A Visit to Poet Robert Frost's Farm in Derry, New Hampshire
- 2010-09-09 Congresswomen at Home
Two New Recordings Celebrate Music by John Prine
- 2010-09-02 A Visit to Several Unusual Museums in the United States
- 2010-08-26 On Television: A Preview of the Primetime Emmys
Pop Singer Katy Perry
- 2010-08-19 With Elena Kagan, Supreme Court Has 3 Women for First Time
How to Working for NASA
- 2010-08-12 A Forest of Art That Grows on Museum Visitors in New York
Mall of America
The Band Arcade Fire
- 2010-08-05 Boy Scout Jamboree Celebrates 100 Years of Scouting
Basketball Dtar LeBron James
Pop Start Miley Cyrus
- 2010-07-29 Some of World's Most Famous Buildings, All in One Museum
British music invasion in the 1960s.
- 2010-07-22 A Story of Chinese immigrants in the Old American West
Golden Gate Bridge
West Coast Band Wavves
- 2010-07-15 Volunteer Programs Offer Seniors a Way to Spend Their Time Helping Others
Vocational education in the US
- 2010-07-08 An Art Exhibit Wants Visitors to Be Mindful of Senses Not Everyone Shares
The oldest museum in the United States.
The latest songs added to the National Recording Registry
- 2010-07-01 Celebrating Independence Day on July 4th
The Poem "Ragged Old Flag" by Johnny Cash
- 2010-06-24 The Los Angeles Lakers' 2010 Victory Over the Boston Celtics
Music from Eclipse
- 2010-06-17 Baseball's Bright New Star, Stephen Strasburg
Summer for College Students
Music by Paul McCartney
- 2010-06-10 The Story of 'Moby Dick' Moves from the Page to the Stage
Music from Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson and Alan Jackson
- 2010-06-03 Admongo Website Gives Kids An 'Ad-ucation' About Marketing Aimed at Them
- 2010-05-26 Speeches That Sent Off the Graduates of 2010
Mary Chapin Carpenter
- 2010-05-20 Women in the US Navy to Serve on Submarines
- 2010-05-13 Science Cafes
Alexander Graham Bell
- 2010-05-06 Hispanics and the Census
Art on the Street in Washington
Music by She & Him
- 2010-04-29 Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day
National Teacher Day in America.
Music from Justin Bieber's latest album, "My World 2.0."
- 2010-04-22 Mompreneurs - Stay-at-Home Mothers Who Are Entrepreneurs
Also we read listeners' comments
and listen to music by Sade
- 2010-04-15 Exhibit Recalls Different Struggles for Justice
Music from MGMT
- 2010-04-08 Remembering Cherokee Nation Chief Wilma Mankiller
American Writer Ernest Hemingway
Jazz Musician Esperanza Spalding
- 2010-04-02 Elvis Presley Rocks the Newseum in Washington
South by Southwest, music conference in Austin, Texas.
The meaning of the stars on America's flag.
- 2010-03-25 Washington's Environmental Film Festival Celebrates its 18th Year
Singer-Songwriters: Holly Miranda, Allison Moorer and Joanna Newsom
- 2010-03-18 Aniekan Udofia Makes Art With a Social Message
And we report on new members of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and play some of their music.
- 2010-03-11 New Staging of Arthur Miller's Play 'A View from the Bridge'
Hollywood producer Jerry Bruckheimer
Muisc from jazz artist Pat Metheny
- 2010-03-04 Tim Burton's Art Exhibit in New York
Religion in America
Muisc from Vampire Weekend
- 2010-02-25 Americans Set Record at Winter Olympics
Music from Justin Bieber
- 2010-02-18 In America, the New Economics of Marriage
WWE Professional Wrestling
Music from Lyle Lovett
- 2010-02-04 US Groups Working to Help Earthquake Victims in Haiti
Super Bowl 44 (American Football Championship)
Music of Grammy Award Winners
- 2010-01-28 The International Civil Rights Center and Museum
Americans' favorite winter sports
Music from singer/songwriter Jason Mraz
- 2010-01-20 New Orleans Still Struggles to Recover from Hurricane Katrina of 2005
Also, music from several of the city's many jazz bands.
- 2010-01-14 Katherine Paterson Becomes the National Ambassador for Young People's Literature
About the Old Believers religious group
And Music from superstar Whitney Houston
- 2010-01-07 Americans Sing the Praises of TV's 'Glee'
Music by Glee's stars
The strange American use of the number eighty-six.
- 2009-12-31 The Best Movies and Books of 2009
And we play some great music we did not have a chance to play last year.
- 2009-12-25 Making Merry With This Year's Holiday Music
As always, music makers released lots of new holiday albums this year. There are country, jazz, gospel and other kinds of holiday songs.
- 2009-12-17 Virgin Galactic Plans Passenger Space Travel
History of Blue Jeans
Young Jazz Saxophonist, Hailey Niswanger
- 2009-12-10 Pets2Vets Tries to Help Soldiers With Stress Disorder
Funeral Traditions in the US
- 2009-12-03 Pedal People - Transporting Goods and Services Without Creating Pollution
- 2009-11-26 'Sesame Street' Turns 40 Years Old
"Sesame Street" was first broadcast on November 10, 1969. It was produced by a non-profit group called The Children's Television Workshop
- 2009-11-19 The 21st Century Family of Man
Weezer and "Raditude"
- 2009-11-12 Brian Jungen Makes Art Influenced by His American Indian Ancestry
Talk about President Obama's recent meeting with tribal nations
Cherokee National Youth Choir
- 2009-11-06 150 Years Later, Remembering John Brown's Raid
A competition to find a spokesmodel for Mother Earth
Kurt Cobain and the band that he led, Nirvana
- 2009-10-29 Golden Orb Spiders Help Produce a Work of Art
We answer a question about New York City's Central Park
The jazz-influenced singer Melody Gardot
- 2009-10-22 Seeing the Hope Diamond in All Its Natural Beauty
Why Some American Cities and States Have the Same Name
Singer and Songwriter Mike Doughty
- 2009-10-15 VOA Special English Celebrates Its 50th Anniversary
Singer and Songwriter Anjulie
- 2009-10-09 The Mystery Novel, "The Lost Symbol"
Johansson Trades Film for Song on Pete Yorn's 'Break Up'
- 2009-10-01 A Contest to Capture Democracy on Video
This Year's Winners of the MacArthur Fellowships
Jazz Drummer Terri Lyne Carrington
- 2009-09-24 And the Winner Is: Netflix Awards $1 Million for Best Software Program
Answers to Questions about the United States
Music by Several Bluegrass Award Nominees
- 2009-09-17 National Hispanic Heritage Month
The Beatles' New CD
- 2009-09-10 Tony Hawk Brings Skating to Inner Cities
About Social Parties in the United States
A Country Band Called Love and Theft
- 2009-09-03 Diane Birch's Youthful Voice Echoes the Soul and Pop of the '70s
This week on our program, we play some new music by Diane Birch …
And answer a question about a well known children's doctor ..
But first, we report about how young people across the United States are going green.
- 2009-08-27 ArtBabble Shows Viewers the World of Museums
This week on our program, we play some new music from the Dave Matthews Band ...
And answer a question about the term "yellow journalism" ...
But first, we report on a Web site for art lovers.
- 2009-08-20 Under the Sea With SpongeBob SquarePants
This week on our program, we dive into the popularity of SpongeBob SquarePants.
We also answer a question about soul singer Wilson Pickett.
And here in Washington, we visit the city's oldest public market, which has been rebuilt after a fire.
- 2009-08-13 Rocking Out at the Air Guitar Championships
Today, we answer a listener question from China about American lawmakers …
And we play music from singer Regina Spektor's latest album ...
But first, we visit the national air guitar championship competition in Washington, D.C.
- 2009-08-06 Movie Strings Together Three Guitar Greats
Today, we play music from the new band the Dead Weather …
And we tell you about a film featuring three greats of the guitar.
But first, we answer a question about college life in the United States.
- 2009-07-30 Little Kids Making a Big Difference Through Community Service
Today, we play music from a CD that brings together more than one hundred musicians from around the world.
But first, we report about some special young people who have taken on some big causes.
- 2009-07-23 A New Look at Abraham Lincoln's Life, and Death, in Washington
- 2009-07-16 Jean Shin Makes Art From Everyday Objects
- 2009-07-09 How Did He Do It? Lakers Coach Phil Jackson and His 10 NBA Titles
- 2009-07-01 Folklife Festival Takes Visitors to the Ancient Country of Wales
- 2009-05-28 Map Whizzes Test Their Skills at the National Geographic Bee
- 2009-05-25 The Ocean Spirit Mami Wata Takes Many Faces
- 2009-05-21 The Empire State Building Goes Green
- 2009-05-18 Energy Chief Says Green Homes Need White Roofs
- 2009-05-13 A Colorful Exhibit Tells About Amish Traditions
- 2009-05-11 Action, Drama, Terror and Comedy at Theaters This Summer Film Season
- 2009-05-07 Star Humanitarians Use Their Fame to Bring Attention to Causes
- 2009-05-04 Speeches That Sent Off '09 College Graduates
- 2009-04-30 NFL Broadcaster John Madden Retires
- 2009-04-23 At the FIRST Championship, Kids and Robots Compete
- 2009-04-16 A Busy Month for Poetry Slams and Jazz Jams
- 2009-04-09 Washington Restaurant Sets an Example as a 'Green' Business
- 2009-04-02 Unemployment Leads to Increased Volunteerism in the United States
- 2009-03-26 SpeakeasyDC Celebrates the Art of Storytelling
- 2009-03-19 Coach Pat Summitt Reaches the Top in College Basketball
- 2009-03-12 National Women's Hall of Fame Gains Members From Today and Yesterday
- 2009-03-05 USS Lexington; Felix the Cat; Willie Nelson and Asleep at the Wheel
- 2009-02-26 A New Picture Book Shows 'What Darwin Saw'
- 2009-02-19 Road to Hollywood Gold: The Oscar Choices
- 2009-02-12 Recession Cuts Into Valentine's Day, but Drives Demand for Love
- 2009-02-05 The Raconteurs Skillfully Tell Stories in Song
- 2009-01-30 The Rise of a Folk Hero Who Landed on a River
- 2009-01-22 A History of Creole and Cajun Food in Louisiana
- 2009-01-15 Getting to Know the New First Family
- 2009-01-08 US Congress Gets First Member From Vietnam, Anh 'Joseph' Cao
- 2009-01-01 Rhythm and Blues Singer Jazmine Sullivan Is Getting Noticed for Her Edgy, Emotional Music
- 2008-12-24 Read All About It! Some of the Best Books of 2008
- 2008-12-18 Leo Villareal's Art Brightens Washington's Season of Lights
- 2008-12-11 Oh, Say, You Can See the Star-Spangled Banner Again in Washington
- 2008-12-04 More and More Bloggers Are Expressing Their Thoughts and Opinions on the Internet
- 2008-11-27 More and More Americans Bike Their Way to Work
- 2008-11-20 Economy May Be Weak, but Thanksgiving Traditions Hold Strong
- 2008-11-13 Michael Crichton Wrote About the Scarier Side of Science and Technology
- 2008-11-06 Rangers at Saguaro National Park Work to Outsmart Cactus Robbers
- 2008-10-30 Web Sites That Make It Easy for Everyday People to Perform Weddings
- 2008-10-23 'The Simpsons' Turn 20, Though in TV Land They Haven't Aged a Day
- 2008-10-16 Is Time Running Out for the National Debt Clock in New York City?
- 2008-10-09 Young American Voters Could Decide This Year's Presidential Election
- 2008-10-02 Infectious Disease Expert, Sax Player Are Among MacArthur Winners
- 2008-09-25 For Kay Ryan, Poetry Is 'the Most Private Form of Communication'
- 2008-09-18 'Wizard of Oz' Fans Follow the Yellow Brick Road -- to Indiana
- 2008-09-11 Willie and Wynton Have the Blues -- and a Hit Album | Questions: Ramadan in America, How US Bought Alaska From Russia
- 2008-09-04 Serious Songs Give Bite to Death Cab for Cutie's Sixth Album
- 2008-08-28 In New York City, Waterfalls as Public Art (and a Plumber's Dream)
- 2008-08-21 Ballroom Dancer Julianne Hough Shows Her Moves in Country Music
- 2008-08-14 Americans Keep Close to Home for 'Staycations'
- 2008-08-07 Scientist Randy Pausch Gives His 'Last Lecture' on Reaching Childhood Dreams
- 2008-07-31 Meet Raheem DeVaughn, an 'R&B, Hippie, Neo-Soul, Rock Star'
- 2008-07-24 Batman Stars, but the Joker Steals the Show in 'The Dark Knight'
- 2008-07-17 How Lil Wayne Became a Big Name in Rap With a Voice All His Own
- 2008-07-10 Young Keyshia Cole Turns the Pain of Love Into Music of the Soul
- 2008-07-03 Culture and Science Mix at This Year's Folklife Festival in Washington
- 2008-05-29 Strange and Creative? Must Have Been a Film by Johnny Depp, Tim Burton
- 2008-05-26 What Is the Best Place to Visit in the United States? A Few Opinions
Also: The song, Take Me Out to the Ballgame & The JVC Jazz Fest
- 2008-05-22 Country Music: Chesney Sees 'Complete Disrespect' in Web Voting
- 2008-05-19 Each Year, a Million People Escape to Alcatraz Island
- 2008-05-15 [email protected] Brings Wisdom of Ages to Rock
- 2008-05-12 A 'Volunteer Vacation' at a Habitat for Humanity Building Project
- 2008-05-08 For Jenna Bush, a Texas Wedding Beats a White House Ceremony
- 2008-05-05 Remembering the Man Who Gave Rock 'n' Roll the 'Bo Diddley Beat'
- 2008-05-01 Greg Mortenson Builds Schools, and Hope, in Afghanistan and Pakistan
- 2008-04-24 This Dengue Fever Is a California Band Influenced by Cambodian Rock
- 2008-04-17 The Music of Jack Johnson: Deeply Personal, and Powered by the Sun
- 2008-04-10 Scorsese Brings Stones, and Mick Jagger's Every Facial Move, to Film
- 2008-04-03 A Dreamy Exhibit of Video Art at the Hirshhorn Museum
- 2008-03-27 Wyclef Jean Mixes Hip-Hop, Reggae and World Music in New 'Carnival'
- 2008-03-20 Jumping, Climbing and Running: Nothing Stands in the Way of Parkour
- 2008-03-13 Small-Town Georgia Influences Singer Lizz Wright's Latest Effort
- 2008-03-06 Exploring Hip Hop Art at the National Portrait Gallery in Washington
- 2008-02-28 A Rare Disease Can't Stop Will Downing From Making His Romantic Music
- 2008-02-21 There Will Be Stars on Sunday at the Academy Awards in Hollywood
- 2008-02-14 Devendra Banhart Makes Imaginative Folk Music With a 1960s Sound
- 2008-02-07 Predicting This Year's Grammy Winners, and Remembering Some of the Very First
- 2008-01-31 Independent Films Look for a Place in the Sun at Sundance Festival
- 2008-01-24 Hip-Hop, Jazz Meet in the Music of Chrisette Michele
- 2008-01-17 Bob Dylan Is Everywhere and Nowhere in the Film 'I'm Not There'
- 2008-01-10 Singer Alice Smith Brings Pure Emotion and Honesty to Her Music
- 2008-01-02 Remembering Oscar Peterson, One of Jazz's Greatest Musicians
- 2007-12-27 Movies, Music and Much More: A Look Back at 2007
- 2007-12-20 The Washington Crafts Show Brings Together Artists Using Many Different Materials
- 2007-12-13 A First for Girls in This Year's Siemens Math and Science Competition
- 2007-12-06 A Museum in Pittsburgh Gives Its Dinosaurs a Timely Makeover
- 2007-11-29 Smith, Say Hi to Garcia: Two Hispanic Names Now in Top 10 in US
- 2007-11-22 How Green Day Has Redefined Punk Rock for a Wider Audience
- 2007-11-15 Looking High and Low for Meaning of 'Pop Culture'
- 2007-11-08 Names Are Read to Mark 25th Anniversary of Vietnam Veterans Wall
- 2007-11-01 Rufus Wainwright Aims High With New Album, 'Release the Stars'
- 2007-10-25 Day of the Dead Honors Loved Ones Who Died, and Celebrates the Living
- 2007-10-18 A Record Company Gives Listeners a World of Different Musical Traditions
- 2007-10-11 The Making of Hollywood's Motion Picture Rating System
- 2007-10-04 American Indians Are Still Poorer Than the US Average but Making Gains
- 2007-09-27 Rides, Animals, Presidential Hopefuls and Deep-Fried Everything -- It's All at the Fair
- 2007-09-20 Where Talib Kweli Learned the Power of Language: Mom the Prof
- 2007-09-13 Luciano Pavarotti: A Beautiful Voice Is Silenced
- 2007-09-06 Little League World Series Brings a World of Fun Each Year to Williamsport
- 2007-08-29 Looking for the Best in a Fresh Crop of Graduates From Art School
- 2007-08-23 For Linda Blair, Life After 'The Exorcist' Includes Animal Rights Activism
- 2007-08-16 The Pierces: Two Sisters Who Put Their Imaginations Into Their Music
- 2007-08-09 Barry Bonds Breaks Home Run Record Under a Cloud of Suspicion
- 2007-08-02 Are We Alone? Why Scientists Think We Should Widen the Search for 'Weird Life'
- 2007-07-26 Sandra Bullock: Film Star, Producer, Wife
- 2007-07-19 Kids Love Shoes on Wheels, but Adults Turn Against 'Heelys'
- 2007-07-12 Pull of the 'Big Draw' Brings Drawing and Architecture Alive
- 2007-07-05 Live Earth Concerts Aim to Raise the Heat on Issue of Climate Change
- 2007-05-31 The Gentle Barn: A Place Where Animals, and People, Can Find Healing
- 2007-05-28 Exploring the Meeting Point Between Natural and Mechanical Forms: The Art of Graham Caldwell
- 2007-05-24 Mason Bates Creates a 'Liquid Interface' Between Electronica and Classical Music
- 2007-05-21 'Titanic' Was a Movie Record Breaker. But How True to History Is It?
- 2007-05-17 In Virginia, Six Indian Tribes Still Wait for Federal Recognition
- 2007-05-14 No More 'Star Wars' Movies, but Makers Try to Keep Force With Them
- 2007-05-10 Cortney Tidwell's Music: Moonlit Laughter, in the Shadow of Emotions
- 2007-05-07 At This Year's National Spelling Bee, 'Serrefine' Spells Champion
- 2007-05-03 Mix Caribbean, West African, Pop and Hip-Hop, What Do You Get? Akon
- 2007-04-26 Not Enough Room for a Tiger in Your Home? A Toyger May Be Answer
- 2007-04-19 Awards Recognize Young People Trying to Make the World a Better Place
- 2007-04-12 YouTube Awards Honor a World Where Anyone Can Make a Movie
- 2007-04-05 A Small Horse and a Big Goal: Raising $1 Million for Groups That Aid Children
- 2007-03-29 College Basketball's March Madness | Question From Nigeria About MP3 Files | Folk-Influenced Music by Elvis Perkins
- 2007-03-22 'A Diamond Is Forever': How Four Words Changed an Industry
- 2007-03-15 St. Patrick's Day in US | Question From Brazil: Difference Between Advertising and Propaganda? | Music by Thievery Corporation
- 2007-03-08 A River Runs Through It. No, Wait, Make That 250,000 Rivers
- 2007-03-01 'Everything Is Big in Texas.' Building a Case for an Expression
- 2007-02-22 Making Art Out of Common Materials: The Boxes of Joseph Cornell
- 2007-02-15 On '24,' TV Hero Jack Bauer Fights Terrorists, One Hour at a Time
- 2007-02-08 Guantanamo Bay: How the US Came to Have a Naval Base in Cuba
- 2007-02-01 Lemonade Stands Carry on Girl's Effort to Raise Money to Fight Cancer
- 2007-01-25 Cesar Millan: Famous Dog Trainer, but Not All Experts Follow His Lead
- 2007-01-18 Baseball Writers Honor the Iron Man, Mr. Padre for a Job Well Done
- 2007-01-11 A Day to Dream: Remembering Martin Luther King and His Work
- 2007-01-05 Looking Back at Shining Examples of Movies, Books and Music in '06
- 2006-12-29 2006: Expanding Ways to Communicate and Have Fun on the Net
- 2006-12-21 Not Celebrating Christmas, Hanukkah or Kwanzaa? Try Festivus
- 2006-12-14 Monopoly Holiday: New Version of Popular Board Game Hits Stores
- 2006-12-07 Millions Turn Fantasy Sports Leagues Into a Real Industry in US
- 2006-11-30 Nellie McKay's 'Pretty Little Head' | A Question From Vietnam About Murphy's Law | A Visit to the National Museum of the Marine Corps
- 2006-11-22 Mall of America Mixes Shopping With Everything Else Under the Sun
- 2006-11-16 Women on Wheels: Driving Change in Motorcycling
- 2006-11-09 Veterans Day: Honoring Those Who Served, and Sacrificed
- 2006-11-02 A Million People Get a Life -- a Second Life, in a World Like No Other
- 2006-10-26 Poet Jack Prelutsky: Writing About the Little Things in Life
- 2006-10-19 'Nine Parts of Desire': Actress Brings to Life Stories of Iraqi Women
- 2006-10-12 'For Dummies' Books Are Popular Learning Aids
- 2006-10-05 Walks Raise Money, and Hopes, in Fight Against Breast Cancer
- 2006-09-28 Making Memories for Orphaned Children Around the World
- 2006-09-21 For Americans, New Passports Hold Memories of the Electronic Kind
- 2006-09-14 'Modern Times': Bob Dylan Returns to the Top of the Music World
- 2006-09-07 Not Satisfied with Video Games on the Market? Design Your Own
- 2006-08-31 A Music Camp Where Grown-Ups Learn the Art of Bluegrass
- 2006-08-24 'Grandmother to the Nation' Celebrated in Traveling Art Show
- 2006-08-17 Flip-Flops Gains More Footing | Presidential Retirement | Tom Petty
- 2006-08-10 Is the Segway the Answer to City Traffic and Pollution?
- 2006-08-03 YouTube Finds Success | Pets in America | R&B Music Awards
- 2006-07-27 Four Internet Magazines Connect Young Professionals Near and Far
- 2006-07-20 Empowered Women International: An American Group Using Art and Business to Help Women Refugees
- 2006-07-13 After Almost 20 Years, Superman Returns to Movie Theaters
- 2006-07-07 The Story of How a 1907 Painting by Klimt Just Sold for a Record $135 Million
- 2006-05-29 Poet Laureate Donald Hall | 'Da Vinci Code' | Anthony Hamilton's Music
- 2006-05-25 Springsteen Sings the Songs of Seeger
- 2006-05-22 Thanks in Part to 'Soccer Moms,' Game Grows in the U.S.
- 2006-05-18 Music Mash-Ups | Mashed-Up Data | Train Travel in U.S.
- 2006-05-16 StoryCorps in Action | Naming American Kids | Remembering Soraya
- 2006-05-11 America Remembers Its Space Travelers at Astronaut Hall of Fame
- 2006-05-08 Under P-r-e-s-s-u-r-e: National Spelling Bee Goes Big Time on TV
- 2006-05-04 A Night Out at the Movies in Washington
- 2006-05-01 A Traditional Life: The Amish of Pennsylvania Dutch Country
- 2006-04-27 Investigating Crimes the Scientific Way: Secrets of Forensic Medicine
- 2006-04-21 Is It Reggae? Is It Hip-Hop? Reggaeton From Puerto Rico Is Both
- 2006-04-14 Population Growth of the United States Leads Industrial Nations
- 2006-04-07 Native Americans Explore the Life and Art of Their Ancestors
- 2006-03-31 Not Just a Man's Game: The First Woman in Baseball's Hall of Fame
- 2006-03-23 The Internet Gets Younger as More Teens Turn to Blogging
- 2006-03-16 Baseball Hits the Road for the World Baseball Classic
- 2006-03-09 Golden Gate Bridge: The Story of a 'Mighty Task'
- 2006-03-03 New Program Will Soon Make It Easier to Travel to U.S.
- 2006-02-23 Are You Ready for Gyrotonics?
- 2006-02-17 Figure Skating: Now It Is Little Sister Emily's Turn on Olympic Ice
- 2006-02-10 Black History Month: Remembering Coretta Scott King
- 2006-02-03 NFL: Pittsburgh Defeats Seattle, 21-10, in Super Bowl
- 2006-01-26 Geena Davis Is Not Really a President, but She Plays One on TV
- 2006-01-19 Born of the 9/11 Attacks in New York, a Weekend of World Music
- 2006-01-13 Lou Rawls: Remembering a Voice 'Soft as Velvet, Strong as Steel'
- 2006-01-05 R.C. Gorman: Remembering the 'Picasso of American Painters'
- 2005-12-30 The Best of 2005 in Music, Books and Movies
- 2005-12-23 Holiday Gifts: So What Have Americans Been Buying This Year?
- 2005-12-16 When It Ain't Right to Use 'Ain't' in English, and When It Is
- 2005-12-08 Sam Gilliam: A Painter Who Always Tries Something New
- 2005-12-02 Women's Hall of Fame Adds New Members, Including Hillary Clinton
- 2005-11-23 Country Music: Lee Ann Womack Is the Big Winner at CMA Awards
- 2005-11-17 Abigail Washburn: American Bluegrass Music, by Way of China
- 2005-11-10 The Marine Corps Celebrates Its 230th Birthday
- 2005-11-04 Shirley Horn Remembered | Baseball: Story of White Sox Victory
- 2005-10-28 Sacred Harp: One of America's Oldest and Purest Musical Traditions
- 2005-10-21 'Souls Alike': Bonnie Raitt's 18th Album Is First She Produced Herself
- These are good for people studying English because it is possible to read along while listening.
- These are in VOA's Special English.
- These will print very cleanly (without printing the MP3 player and menu.)
- The source of the original pre-edited material is http://voanews.com/specialenglish/.
- "All text, audio and video material produced exclusively by the Voice of America
is public domain. However, some images and graphics are licensed for use and
covered by all applicable copyright laws."
- Though the source material was in the public domain, I have done some editing. If you need the public domain version of any of these stories, please visit http://voanews.com/specialenglish/.
Other VOA Material on This Web Site
This page is part of Interesting Things for ESL Students.