English Sentences with Audio
There is a newer version.
- In July of 2014, I created a newer project that is similar to this one.
English Sentences Focusing on Words and Their Word Families
These pages were created from a collection of 123,378 sentences with audio and also include sentences without audio.
- The newer project focuses on words and their families, not just words. Also, instead of being limited to 200 sentences per word, all sentences that have a match in my subset of slightly over 300,000 proofread sentences from the Tatoeba Project are shown.
About "English Sentences with Audio" (2012)
- These pages have been sorted in order of word frequency and the sentences on each page have been sorted by sentence length.
- These pages were generated using a database of 10,300 American English recordings by Charles Kelly.
About the Audio
- The audio will work on iPads and iPhones, too.
- However, Some versions of Google Chrome don't play the audio well. Windows users should update to the newest version. Mac users will have to wait for v17 or use another browser such as Safari or Firefox.
About the Sentences
About the Pages
- The maximum number of sentences put on a page is 200.
- As I record more sentences, I'll rebuild these pages.